Steps to fix Wifi not working on Laptop but working on other devices
- Restart Your Laptop & Equipment(router & modem)
- Run the Windows troubleshooter
- Renew IP address & DNS
- Unhide SSID & Rename it
- Use 2.4 GigaHertz instead of 5 GigaHertz on dual-band routers
- Change the Settings of Power adapters
- Again Install the Network drivers
- Temporarily Disable the antivirus
- Disable IPv6
- Take turn to recovery options
Wifi not working on Laptop but working on other devices
→ Restart Your Laptop & Equipment(router & modem)
First, you have to restart your Laptop & router because sometimes when 3 or 4 devices are connected with one router then there will be chances of IP Confliction, just because of this internet not on other devices.
Restarting Laptop & Equipment(router & modem) will clear the possible stall.
First trying to using LAN wired connection. If the problem occurs from the wifi router then restart your router. Power off your Wifi router & restart after 30 seconds.
Sometimes, accidentally press the function key(FN key on the Keyboard) disable the Wifi. check & enable again.
→ Run the Windows troubleshooter
Run the Windows troubleshooter when this issue happens, When IP conflicts then window troubleshooter is the common solution when this issue occurs.
How to run window troubleshooter?
- Right, Click on the WiFi icon in the bottom corner of the screen.
- Click troubleshoot problems
- Follow the instructions carefully until the troubleshooter fixes the problems.
- Close the Troubshooter & check your problem is resolved or not.
→ Renew IP address & DNS
Whenever IP conflicts with one of the connected devices. Restart your router & reassigns IP. After that focus on DNS Cache which collects domain data & it can affect the connections.
How to reset DNS & renew IP?
Reset DNS & renew Ip in windows 10
- Open Windows Search Bar, type CMD & right-click on Command prompt & Select Run it as Administrator.
- In the command line, type the below commands & Hit Enter
- Wait for a minute & type ipconfig/flushdns & Hit Enter
- Close the Command prompt & try to reconnect wifi again.
→ Unhide SSID & Rename it
Unhide you SSID of the router & rename it, People who are unknown were not able to connect with your internet when your SSID is hidden.
While renaming your SSID don’t use special characters or emoticons, use alphanumerical digits.
Sometimes the SSID is hidden which needs to be inserted manually while connecting & it can also be a problem, try to make it visible temporarily & try again.
Now, check your issue is resolved.
→ Use 2.4 GigaHertz instead of 5 GigaHertz on dual-band routers
Use 5 GHz, instead of 2.4GHz because 5 GHz is much better. 5 GHz is much faster also crowded. For other non – WiFi devices 2.4 GHz is more stable.
If all the gadgets in your house are connected with 5 GHz & working fine, make sure you try to connect on 2.4 GHz with your laptop.
You can also do it by using Advanced adapter’s setting from your laptop or PC
- Press Window Key + S, and type Control and Open control Panel
- Go to category View, and Open Network and Internet
- Open Network & Sharing center
- Click on Change Adapter Setting
- Press right-click on Wireless Adapter & open the properties
- Click Configure Button
- Choose the Advanced tab
- At the left pane, scroll toward WZC IBSS Number Channel.
- At right pane drop-down menu, choose 1, 6 or 11 channel
- Click OK.
→ Change the Settings of Power adapters
Power Adapters also the reason for IP Conflictions, reduce power consumption otherwise it will completely block the wifi.
Power adapters setting also important for Laptops, as we know that they’re batteries like mobile devices in different situations.
How to Change the setting of Power Adapters?
You can set a power plan according to your requirement but if your IP is conflicting, set a power plan to High Performance or also change a single preference which is related to the Network Adapters.
Below are the steps for the power plan you can set according to your network adapters which will not affect your wireless network.
- Right-click on the Battery icon at the bottom of the screen & click and open the power options.
- A recommended Power plan is Balanced, click on change plan settings.
- Click Change advanced power settings
- Expand the Wireless Adapter Settings and then expand Power Saving Mode
- Set the Power Saving Mode on both on battery & while plugged into the wall socket of Maximum Performance.
- Click OK.
Now check problem is resolved